Too many things going on, haven't done a garden update in a while. First, the weather. after a long dry Winter we've had about a week of intermittent rain. This seems rather unusual. Need to check an almanac.
Favas are producing nicely and still flowering.
- First set of sugar snap peas are done and dry. Second sowing is about a foot high. Third is around 2-3 inches.
- Planted both fava and peas in with the Ollallie Berries. The fruit seems healthier and the peas have something to climb on.
- Kale is starting to toughen and show aphids.
- Asparagus is on its second year and continuing to get bigger and spread out.
- Gophers continue to be a problem. A number of plants have been pulled under, including: Favas which were unprotected by daffs and digitalis and California poppies.
- Gophers don't appear to eat lavender and thyme but the aren't turned back by it. They dig past or around it.
- Brussels Sprouts rotating in after peas.
- Bush beans, need to find a space or make more gopher baskets
- Celery, radish, lettuce, spinach
- Last chance for kale, leeks
- Tomato! Hunting for Visitation Valley Cultivar.
- Succulents for side yard alley
- Move volunteer foxgloves.